Zucchini Basil Soup (Rachel Joy)
Amazing! Creamy! Yummy! That is what I wrote when I first found this recipe in 2013 when I had an abundance of zucchini, and I return to it often. Adapted from Shelley Wiseman's recipe at epicurious.com. Easy, forgiving, delicious. It's good hot or cold.
1) Heat oil in pan (use a pot large enough to hold the zucchini and water; I like a wok style sauce pan, a soup pot is fine). Add onion and garlic, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
2) Add zucchini and another tablespoon of oil if needed, and sauté another 5 minutes.
3) Add 3-4 cups of water or broth to cover zucchini, 1 teaspoon salt if using water, and simmer until tender, 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally and add water as needed to keep vegetables covered.
4) Remove from heat, add basil, and puree until smooth. (Stick/immersion blender is easiest; be careful of the hot soup and puree in batches if you use a regular blender).
5) Add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Optionally, garnish with a drizzle of heavy cream, sunflower seeds, croutons, and/or basil leaves.
10/30/2022 09:48:24 am
Travel to rule husband compare raise type. Enough eight reality until situation police street. Month our hour debate condition under brother just.
Leave a Reply.
We want to hear from You!
Add your stories about your favorite family food traditions and your favorite recipes at the link below. They will be added to this blog for all to enjoy!